The wait is over! WCMp 3.0 is finally out there. We are delighted to announce that WC Marketplace 2.7.8 is now version 3.0.1. Pretty exciting! Isn’t it? Nobody knows that better than us. Five months of blood and sweat(read caffeine and keystrokes) has now geared up to this epilogue. Hopes are high and fingers are crossed!
Highlights of WC Marketplace 3.0:
- Intuitive design focusing on user engagement and user experience.
- A delight for the marketplace owners’ with improved setting panels; now you can setup your marketplace within minutes!
- Vendors will fall in love with your marketplace. With all the new store insights at their disposal, they can drive more sales than ever.
- Designed with developers in mind. Just dive in and you will find a hook for your development purpose.
- Built-in support for simple products within vendor frontend, earlier premium feature.
Thrilled to update? Hold your horse!
We recommend you to follow some standard steps before upgrading your marketplace to avoid any roadblock on your way.
1. Take backup: Taking backup is a non-negotiable task. It’s advised to schedule automatic backups for your site on a daily or weekly basis. Also before going to any update, please take a backup. A simple Google search will point you to various free/freemium/premium plugins that help backing up your site. Even some hosting services provide dedicated tools for backup.
2. Test on local: Start with upgrading WCMp in your local environment and do the first level testing.
3. Test on staging: After passing local environment testing, go for staging site testing. Prepare your staging site by cloning your live site. This will ensure that you are testing in the exact same environment as your live site with all orders, commissions, vendor products etc.
4. Live site update: If plugin update passes all previous steps, relax and hit the ‘update now’ link. Don’t worry, nothing can go wrong, even if it does, you will always have the latest backup to your rescue.
On a serious note, if you face any difficulty to update, raise a support ticket here. Remember, a hassle-free update of your favorite marketplace plugin is your right.
If you are using one or more of our add-ons. All you need to do is to download the latest version of the add-ons from your “My-account” page. Update the core plugin followed by the add-ons one by one.
But wait, there are some sweet surprises waiting for you!
We have provided our best selling add-ons with some serious makeover. In this process, we have obsolete 3 of our premium add-ons –
Sounds shocking instead of “sweet surprise”! Isn’t it?
Chillax! we are adding a brand new add-on that accomplishes everything those add-ons do, plus more.
Introducing “Advanced Frontend Manager” with a price tag of $100.
You are eligible for a free upgrade of Advanced Frontend Manager if you have an active license of one or more of these three add-ons. In case you have an expired license for any of these, we will offer you a 50% discount on the AFM upgrade! To avail these offers, just drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with your registered email.
Thank you for being with us and we at WCMp hope to retain your patronage in days to come. Any or all feedback for WCMp v3 will be considered with earnest intent.