Hello, (i’m the other admin from the same marketplace that posted the questions)
I want to give you more information on how we have set up our wcmp.
We wanted our vendors to be able to setup their own shipping costs for each shipping zone.
We weren’t sure how to do that, so we did multiple things:
1. added the snippet of code below to allow vendors to see all the different classes:
/* Disable autocreate vendor shipping class */
/* Allow vendors to view/choose admin created shipping classes */
remove_filter('woocommerce_product_options_shipping', array($WCMp->vendor_dashboard, 'wcmp_product_options_shipping'), 5);
2. installed the WCMP advanced shipping plugin and flexible shipping plugins.
We then set from the admin dashboard all of our shipping zones with “vendor shipping” , to allow them to do it.
Our vendors then, where able to go to vendfor-dashboard>store>shipping and configure the shipping flat rates per country as they wanted.
Last week, we decided to uninstall the WCMPAdvanced shipping AND the flexible shipping plugins, as we thought that they we weren’t using them.
A few questions:
1. What are the shipping classes used for? they seem useless right now…
2. Does every product need to be associated with a shipping class?
3. could the fact that we uninstalled the advanced shipping plugin and the flexible shipping plugin be related to the shipping not working?
4. What should we do to allow our vendors to decide the rates for each of the shipping zones without paying for a plugin?