Coupon on platform commission Resolved
- mathieuParticipantJuly 5, 2016 at 1:09 amPost count: 10
Before going further, I know there is an add-on for coupon, but it doesn’t answer to my need, so this is why I make this post.
About my problem. I would like to create coupon which only reduce the commission of the platform. Here an example:
Seller A sells the product X at $10.
My commission is at $2
I want to create a coupon of 10% on this product, so the buyer pays $9, seller A still earns $8 and me $1 instead of $2.
Of course only admin and shop manager are able to create those coupon. Do you think this is possible to do? (Or does it already exists in that case where because I don’t find it)
- WCMp SupportKeymasterJuly 5, 2016 at 5:36 pmPost count: 1168
- mathieuParticipantJuly 6, 2016 at 12:40 amPost count: 10
So you are telling me than I can release my idea (included – if possible – the fact that this all stuff have to be an option and not for all coupon I’ll create) even if it is not in your extension by using a customization stuff.
Can you tell me more because that doesn’t ring any bell to me, please?
- WCMp SupportKeymasterJuly 6, 2016 at 12:41 pmPost count: 1168
Let me explain the coupon system @mathieu. The present coupon system is based on the WooCommerce coupon system i.e, the vendors can create this coupon for their customers and upon using these coupons, the customer will receive a discount on the purchased product. For setting up the coupon as a vendor, this shared link https://docs.woothemes.com/document/coupon-management/ would be helpful.
Definitely, we would like to enhance our plugin and it’s add-on with time as we are the newbie. But for now, if you want to give discount to the vendor on commission then you have to customize the plugin to meet your requirement.
Hope I am able to answer your concern.
- mathieuParticipantJuly 6, 2016 at 2:40 pmPost count: 10
I’m sorry but I don’t understand how this is helpful for me. I have already check that link but, the point is not about making a product discount or a product % discount.
In WCMp settings there is a parameter call Share coupon discount meaning “If checked, vendors commission will be calculated AFTER the discount. If left unchecked, the site owner will bear the cost of the coupon.”
Here is the issue: I want to be able to create coupon with the system I explained, but as the same time, vendors have to be able to create their own coupons which do not only affect my commission but both their and mine.
Do you see what I mean?
Thanks to you 🙂
- WCMp SupportKeymasterJuly 8, 2016 at 10:59 pmPost count: 1168
Apology for delayed response @mathieu. We were occupied with the work of new launch i.e, Stripe payment and PDF invoice features may be within the earlier coming week.
Yes, you are right. There is an option of “Share Coupon Discount” and if checked, vendors commission will be calculated AFTER the discount. If left unchecked, the site owner will bear the cost of the coupon.
Please allow me to help you to understand this with an example.
Suppose, Commission of admin – USD 10 (fixed commission).
Cost of product – USD 100
If a customer purchases the product of USD 100 then the admin will receive USD 10 as his share and remaining USD 90 will transfer to the vendor.
But, if the admin has enabled the Share Coupon Discount and the coupon discount on the product is set as USD 20.
Then, upon purchasing the product of USD 100, the customer will receive USD 20 off and the customer will pay USD 80.
In this case, the admin will receive USD 10 and the vendor will receive remaining USD 70.
Hope the concept is clear now.
- mathieuParticipantJuly 11, 2016 at 4:43 pmPost count: 10
Yes I have totally understand the system, this is why I can tell you it doesn’t answer my need. Here is the issue:
I have a commission of 20%.
What I want, is to be able (only me and the shop manager) to create coupon that will reduce ONLY my commission. So for a product at $10 the customer will pay $8 and the vendor will earn $8 if I create a 20% coupon.
But at the same time vendor must be able to create coupon which reduce the price so my commission and their one too.
Do you see what I mean?
- mathieuParticipantJuly 18, 2016 at 6:43 pmPost count: 10
Once again, no problem 😉
So the idea is to be able to create two kinds of coupon:
1. For vendor: Those ones will reduce the global price so reduce the platform commission. Ex: Price = $10, Commission = 20%. Vendor make a 50% cut, purchaser buy at $5, vendor earns $4 and commission platform commission is $1.
2. For the admin: Here it will only reduce the platform commission. Same example Price = $10, Commission = 20%. Admin makes a 20% cuts, purchaser pays $8, vendor earns $8 and commission platform is $0. Of course, the admin can’t make a reduce higher to the commission (or have to pay the vendor the difference).
Is it clearer?
The topic ‘Coupon on platform commission’ is closed to new replies.