WCMp PDF Invoice
WCMp Vendor Vacation
WCMp Vendor Membership
WooCommerce Catalog Enquiry Pro (WCMp)
WCMp Advanced Product Type
WCMp Seller Verification
WCMp Frontend Manager
WCMp Vendor Product Import Export
WCMp Vendor Frontend Reports
WCMp Vendor Stock Alert
WCMp Vendor SEO and Analytics
WCMp Paypal Adaptive Payment Gateway
WCMp Stripe Marketplace
This article gives an overview of the available vendor capabilities for uploading products that the admin can exercise upon. More often than not, you want to screen all product data for a new vendor. However, after a vendor has earned trust/reputation, you may wish to reduce your administrative workload by allowing them to publish product directly (without requiring your approval).
Vendor Capabilities for Uploading Products:
WCMp provides three different vendor capabilities for uploading products.
- A vendor can neither submit products nor publish them but only sell products assigned to them by the Admin.
- A vendor can submit products but only the Admin reserves the right to publish the products uploaded by the vendor.
- Vendors can directly submit and publish their products.
Let us now dive into details about each of the capabilities mentioned above.
Disallowing Vendors from Uploading/Publishing Products
Use this setting in cases where you want to have the strictest control over the product upload process. In this case a vendor will neither be able to add a product on his/her own nor publish it but he/she will be able to sell products if it has been assigned to him/her by the admin.
From the Admin Dashboard go to WCMp Settings, click on the Capabilities tab and uncheck the boxes for “Submit Products” and “Publish Products”
Reference 1: Disallowing Vendors from Uploading/Publishing Products
Add products and assign them to vendors
To add products, go to Products from the Admin Dashboard and then click on Add New.
Follow the general WooCommerce product upload process.
Now, to assign a product to a vendor, click on the Vendor tab in the edit/ add product page and select a vendor from the Choose Vendor drop-down (this will list down all the registered vendors on your site) in the details.
Reference 2: Add products and assign them to vendors
Allow Vendors to Upload Products but Disallow Publishing
Use this setting when you want to review all the products uploaded by vendors. This is the suggested setting as this ensures the admin to have a strict vigil on what products the vendor sell on the site. After the review process is complete, the admin can then publish the respective product.
From the Admin Dashboard navigate to WCMp Settings, click on the Capabilities tab and then check the box for “Submit Products”.
Reference 3: Allow Vendors to Upload Products but Disallow Publishing
Allow Vendors to Upload and Publish Products
Use this setting when you have gained trust from all your vendors. In this case, the vendor enjoys the freedom to publish the uploaded products, they need not wait for the admin’s consent for doing the same.
From the Admin Dashboard navigate to WCMp Settings, click on the Capabilities tab and then check the box for “Submit Products” and “Publish products”.
Reference 4: Allow Vendors to Upload and Publish Products
Allow Vendors to Edit Published Products
With this setting, admin gets the upper hand to decide whether or not to allow vendors to edit products that have already been published and are on the display.
Reference 5: Add products ( By the Vendor )
Note: These permissions can also be set from the WCMp Admin Setup Wizard under Capabilties
Add products ( By the Vendor )
Note for the admin: If WCMp Frontend Manager is already installed on your website, the vendor can add products from the frontend itself with no access to the backend whereas for WCMp versions < 3.0 (without WCMp Frontend Manager installed), vendors can add their products by navigating to the backend. For WCMp versions > 3.0 (without WCMp Frontend Manager installed), vendors can add Simple Products from the their Frontend Dashboard while in order to add other product types, they will need to navigate to the backend.
Find out how WCMp Frontend Manager works. In the section below, we have discussed how to add products without WCMp Frontend Manager installed.
From the Vendor Dashboard, click on Add Product under Product Manager. You can now add a Simple Product from your Dashboard itself.
Add simple product from your dashboard
Follow these simple steps to add your first product on the website!
- If the product that you are about to add is to be available virtually or only after download, then check the boxes for Virtual or Downloadable as is required.
- Enter the product’s title, SKU, regular price, sale price, sale dates, product visibility, product excerpt and product description in the respective fields under the “General” Tab.
- If “Downloadable” is checked “Downloadable Options” tab is added. Here you can add your files that will be available after purchase. “Download Limit” and “Download Expiry” is to be set here. Click on the “+” icon to add more files for download.
- To add an image or an image gallery that your product will reckon with, click on the “Featured Image and Gallery” tab. Then click on the Upload button to upload a featured image whereas to add a gallery of images, click on the Upload button next to Gallery Images and then clicking on the “+” icon to add more images to your gallery.
- Under the “Category & Tags” tab, available categories will be shown to you once you place your cursor on the “Categories” box. You can add your own tags by separating them with commas’.
- Under the Inventory tab, you can manage your inventory/stock details.
- Add product attributes under the Attributes tab.
- To add similar items to the current product that is being viewed or has been ordered for, add your products in the Up-sells or Cross-sells as required under “Linked Products“
- For other advanced options edit details as required under the “Advanced” tab.
- Upon completion click on Submit.
Reference 6: Add products ( By the Vendor )
Add other product types
To add other product types click on WP backend link and you’ll be redirected to the backend, so that you can add other product types.
Viewing all products ( By the Vendor )
You can view all your added products from “All Products” under “Product Manager“. Hovering over the product name, shows links for editing the product, deleting it and previewing/ viewing (depending on the product status) it. Click on “Edit” to edit it further and on “Delete Permanently“, to delete the product or on “Preview/ View” to see a frontend view of it . Moreover, here you can see an overview of the product, stating the Price, Stock Quantity, Categories the product has been assigned to, the date when the product was published and the status of the product.
Reference 8: Viewing all products ( By the Vendor )