When you want to have products or services that can be periodically supplied and customers, pay in advance for the arrangement and cancel at any point when needed – is the time you need to have subscription products and what if you have multiple vendors selling the same? You definitely need WCMp Advanced Frontend Manager. Let’s explain this with an example: You have a customer who wants to have baby diapers delivered to his doorstep every month and vendor A has the option available, the customer then can choose vendor A’s monthly subscription plan of baby diapers. On doing so, he’ll receive his diapers just after his payment is made every month.
Installation & Licensing
To know about the installation and licensing of AFM please visit our installation and licensing guide here.
After you’ve activated and licensed your copy of Advanced Frontend Manager, install and activate WooCommerce Subscriptions.
Allow vendors to upload Subscription Product Type
Check the box for “Simple Subscription” under Capabilities in WCMp Settings. The configuration couldn’t be simple enough! 🙂
Add simple subscription product type using AFM
Go to Add Product page under Product Manager from the Vendor Dashboard.
- Add a Product Name (title), description, product image(s) in the first section.
- To add an image or an image gallery that your product will reckon with, click on the “Featured Image and Product Gallery” section. Then click on the Upload button to upload a featured image whereas to add a gallery of images, click on the Add Product Gallery Images to add more images to your gallery.
- Moving to the second section – Select Simple Subscription from the Product Type drop-down menu.
- Enable the Virtual checkbox, if your product is a digital product or does not require shipping. This removes the Shipping tab from your product.
- Enable the Downloadable checkbox, if you have downloadable files that need to be made available to your customer after purchasing the product.
- In the General tab, set the Subscription price that you will charge every day/week/month/year after your customer has signed up for a plan.
- The Expire after field allows you to end a subscription after a specific amount of time. Subscriptions for subscription products with a value in this field have a maximum length, after which they expire and are no longer active.
- When a subscription plan has a Sign-up fee and no free trial period, the very first payment is the total of the sign-up fee and price per period. In simple terms, if a customer signs up for a plan for the first time he will be charged with the Sign up fee.
- Free trial as the name suggests is the time you provide your customers for a demo of your product. Technically, An optional period of time to wait before charging the first recurring payment. Any sign up fee will still be charged at the outset of the subscription.
- The downloadable section in the General tab appears only if Downloadable is checked. Here you can add your files that will be available after purchase. “Download Limit” and “Download Expiry” is to be set here. Click on “Add File” to add more files for download.
- Inventory Tab – You can add SKU (unique to products), choose to whether manage stock for the product individually and define whether to allow back orders and more. If Manage Stock remains unchecked, only the ‘Stock status’ option is visible in the Inventory tab and the single product page will only display the stock status (if set to out of stock) and you will be responsible for updating the Stock Status manually. However, if manage stock is enabled, the options that will be visible are:
- Stock quantity – On updating the Stock Quantity, WooCommerce auto-manages the inventory and auto-updates the Stock Status as Stock, Out of Stock or On Backorder.
- Allow backorders? – Whether or not to allow backorders (order even after out of stock!).
Ticking Sold Individually will limit the product to one per order while unchecking(default) will allow customers to modify quantity of the selected product.
- Shipping tab – An optional tab depending whether it is a digital (virtual) product or not. In this tab, you can configure the weight and dimensions of the product as an entirety and set the shipping class for the product. Additionally, shipping for subscription products is normally charged on the initial order and all renewal orders enabling One time shipping will charge shipping once on the initial order.
- To add similar items to the current product that is being viewed or has been ordered for, add your products in the Up-sells or Cross-sells as required under “Linked Products“.
- Attributes define a product. You can either add a new attribute that was not previously created or you can choose from a pre-defined global list of attributes set by the admin.
- Advanced tab – Add a note that can be sent to the customer after the product is purchased in the Purchase Note textarea. The ordering position of the product is determined by the number entered in Menu order. Enable/Disable customers feedback for the item by checking/unchecking Enable reviews. Use the Limit Subscription feature to limit a customer to one subscription.
- Policies tab – Add shipping, refund or cancellation/return/exchange policy.
- Under the “Product Category & Product Tags” section, tick those categories which fit your product. Select your own product tag or you can add your own tag in the product tags section.
- Add a short description of your product in the following section.
For more information about WooCommerce Subscriptions check this document here.
P.S. Have more ideas to share or facing a hard to explain issue? Our quick support will definitely help you in the right direction… that’s a word you can trust.