WCMp PDF Invoice
WCMp Vendor Vacation
WCMp Vendor Membership
WooCommerce Catalog Enquiry Pro (WCMp)
WCMp Advanced Product Type
WCMp Seller Verification
WCMp Frontend Manager
WCMp Vendor Product Import Export
WCMp Vendor Frontend Reports
WCMp Vendor Stock Alert
WCMp Vendor SEO and Analytics
WCMp Paypal Adaptive Payment Gateway
WCMp Stripe Marketplace
If your site offers hotel like services that need to be pre-booked, accomodation product type was what you were looking for. Advanced Frontend Manager now lets your vendor add accomodation products from their dashboard itself.
Installation & Licensing
To know about the installation and licensing of AFM please visit our installation and licensing guide here.
After you’ve activated and licensed your copy of Advanced Frontend Manager, install and activate WooCommerce Accommodation Bookings
Allow vendors to upload Accomodation Product Type
Check the box for “Accommodation Product” under Capabilities in WCMp Settings. The configuration couldn’t be simple enough! 🙂
Add Accommodation product type using AFM
Go to Add Product page under Product Manager from the Vendor Dashboard.
- Add a Product Name (title), description, product image(s) in the first section.
- To add an image or an image gallery that your product will reckon with, click on the “Featured Image and Product Gallery” section. Then click on the Upload button to upload a featured image whereas to add a gallery of images, click on the Add Product Gallery Images to add more images to your gallery.
- Moving to the second section – Select Accommodation Product from the Product Type drop-down menu.
- Enabling the Has Persons checkbox, a new tab is added – Persons, which allows the booking to be made for multiple persons at once. We’ll learn more on this later in this documentation.
- Resources are used if you have multiple bookable items, e.g. room types ( Deluxe, Executive etc.). If the Has Resources checkbox is enabled, a new tab is added – Resources, which allows booking of available resources separately. Details about this tab will be discussed later in this documentation.
- Minimum number of nights allowed in a booking under General Tab determines the least number of days (nights) the customer needs to book for the selected accommodation.
- Maximum number of nights allowed in a booking under General Tab determines the highest number of days (nights) the customer can book to proceed with the accommodation.
- Select whether to always show the calendar or only when clicked, by default the calendar is set to always show.
- If the booking needs confirmation by the Admin, enable the Requires confirmation? checkbox. The customer inputs details at checkout instead of making the payment and submits them for approval. If the Requires Confirmation checkbox is checked, only the Check Availability option is shown when checking out. Once the booking is approved, the customer receives another email to then submit payment.
- You may choose whether you want the user to have the option to cancel their booking. If you want to allow the same, check the box for Can be cancelled? after selecting the option, two fields appear that lets you choose how many Minutes/Hours/Days/Months prior to the start date that customers can cancel a booking.
- To add similar items to the current product that is being viewed or has been ordered for, add your products in the Up-sells or Cross-sells as required under “Linked Products“.
- You can set a minimum and maximum limit for a number of persons allowed for the accommodation. The customer can input a value on the frontend booking form, if persons is enabled. If you check the box for Multiply all costs by person count, all costs are multiplied by the number of persons the customer defines. If Count Persons as Bookings is enabled, the person count is used as the quantity against the block. Remember the max bookings per block setting above? That determines the upper limit for allowed persons per block. Once the limit is reached, more persons cannot book. You can also set different prices for different person types.
- Attributes define a product. You can either add a new attribute that was not previously created or you can choose from a pre-defined global list of attributes set by the admin.
- There are two types of bookable resources:
Customer selected – A booking form shows a dropdown list of resources that the customer can select.
Automatically assigned – A resource is automatically assigned to a customer booking if available. If New resource is selected from the dropdown which consists of the global resources(read more about global resources in this documentation) created earlier and then click Add/link Resource, you are asked to enter the resource name. Once entered, a new global resource is created in the system, which when created by a vendor strictly remains accessible by that vendor and the admin only. However, if an existing global resource is selected from the dropdown, you will see two extra pricing fields. The base cost is applied when the resource is chosen; the block cost is multiplied by the number of blocks booked. The costs of each resource will be added to the price of the bookable product to allow for different prices depending on the resource chosen.
- Advanced tab – Add a note that can be sent to the customer after the product is purchased in the Purchase Note textarea. The ordering position of the product is determined by the number entered in Menu order. Enable/Disable customers feedback for the item by checking/unchecking Enable reviews.
- Adding a value to Number of rooms available under Availability tab adds an additional check against the number of rooms booked already and the number available.
- If today is 1st January and you set Bookings can be made starting to 1 month into the future, then the first date a customer could book would be 1st February. The same applies to the Bookings can only be made.
- What if you want to allow customers to start their bookings only on Sundays? You would first check the Restrict start days? box, then choose Sunday, or the day(s) you would like to restrict the booking to start on. Restricting start days does not affect availability, other days are still available, they just can’t be selected as the days that bookings start on.
- You can set availability rules in the rules section, From and To is decided by the Range Type you select, whether the slot is Bookable or not is to be set in the specific section.
- To set costs for the rooms add them in the Rates tab: Standard room rate is applied regardless of a customer’s choices on the booking form.
Display cost does not affect the actual cost of the product. The cost is displayed to the user on the frontend. Leave blank to have it calculated for you. If a booking has varying costs, the lowest available cost is shown and is prefixed with the word “From:”. You can also set a Pricing Range which works somewhat like the Availability Range.
- Policies tab – Add shipping, refund or cancellation/return/exchange policy.
- Under the “Product Category & Product Tags” section, tick those categories which fit your product. Select your own product tag or you can add your own tag in the product tags section.
- Add a short description of your product in the following section.
*For more informaton, refer to this documentation : https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/creating-a-bookable-product/