WCMp PDF Invoice
WCMp Vendor Vacation
WCMp Vendor Membership
WooCommerce Catalog Enquiry Pro (WCMp)
WCMp Advanced Product Type
WCMp Seller Verification
WCMp Frontend Manager
WCMp Vendor Product Import Export
WCMp Vendor Frontend Reports
WCMp Vendor Stock Alert
WCMp Vendor SEO and Analytics
WCMp Paypal Adaptive Payment Gateway
WCMp Stripe Marketplace
If your site offers services that need to be pre-booked, booking product type was what you were looking for. Advanced Frontend Manager now lets your vendor add bookable products from their dashboard itself.
Installation & Licensing
To know about the installation and licensing of AFM please visit our installation and licensing guide here.
After you’ve activated and licensed your copy of Advanced Frontend Manager, install and activate WooCommerce Bookings
Allow vendors to upload Booking Product Type
Reference 1: Allow vendors to upload Booking Product Type
Add booking product type using AFM
Go to Add Product page under Product Manager from the Vendor Dashboard.
- Select Bookable Product in the Product Type dropdown menu.
- Enable the Virtual checkbox, if your product does not require shipping. This removes the Shipping tab from your product.
- Enter a title and description for your product in the General tab.
- If the booking can be made for multiple persons at once, check the Has persons checkbox. Once selected, a new tab appears: Persons, about which we shall discuss later in this article.
- Resources are used if you have multiple bookable items, e.g. room types ( Deluxe, Executive etc.). Tick the Has resources checkbox to enable a new tab: Resources, about which we shall discuss later in this article.
- Booking Duration under Booking Options determines how long a booking lasts. The duration can be admin defined (fixed block) or customer defined (they need to input on the front-end). Duration units can be Hours, Minutes, Days or Months.
- Fixed blocks have a set duration that you define. The customer can only choose one block/ period which will last the defined amount of time. For example, a spa appointment lasts one hour and you can only book one at a time.
- Customer-defined blocks have a set duration, but the customer can choose how many blocks/ intervals they want. For example, the banquet hall space is rented out in hourly intervals, and the customer can define how many 1 hour blocks they would like to rent.
- If you set your Booking duration to be customer defined, you can include a minimum and maximum allowed value in Minimum duration and Maximum duration respectively. This allows for a more flexible starting schedule. You can define 1 hour blocks and set the minimum to 2 blocks. Your customers now need to book at least two hours.
- Select whether to always show the calendar or only when clicked, by default the calendar is set to always show.
- If the booking needs confirmation by the Admin, enable the Requires confirmation? checkbox. The customer inputs details at checkout instead of making the payment and submits them for approval. If the Requires Confirmation checkbox is checked, only the Check Availability option is shown when checking out. Once the booking is approved, the customer receives another email to then submit payment.
- You may choose whether you want the user to have the option to cancel their booking. If you want to allow the same, check the box for Can be cancelled? after selecting the option, two fields appear that lets you choose how many Minutes/Hours/Days/Months prior to the start date that customers can cancel a booking.
- To add an image or an image gallery that your product will reckon with, click on the “Featured Image and Gallery” tab. Then click on the Upload button to upload a featured image whereas to add a gallery of images, click on the Upload button next to Gallery Images and then clicking on the “+” icon to add more images to your gallery.
- Under the “Category & Tags” tab, available categories will be shown to you once you place your cursor on the “Categories” box. You can add your own tags by separating them with commas’.
- To add similar items to the current product that is being viewed or has been ordered for, add your products in the Up-sells or Cross-sells as required under “Linked Products“
- For other advanced options edit details as required under the “Advanced” tab.
- Adding a value to Max bookings per block under Availability Options tab allows multiple bookings at the same time. With a fixed booking of 1 day and maximum bookings per block set to 3, then each day you can accept three bookings.
- If today is 1st January and you set minimum block bookable to 1 month into the future, then the first date a customer could book would be 1st February. The same applies to the maximum date bookable.
- Require a buffer period is nothing but a gap between bookable slots. This period will be unavailable for any booking. For example, if you sell services in 1-day blocks and wish to have a break of 1 day between them, you can specify a buffer period.
- If you add a buffer before and after your appointments, enable the Adjacent Buffering checkbox. This option adds the specified block both before and after each booking. Defining a buffer period of one hour between booking with adjacent buffering will result into 2 hours between bookings. Buffer periods are always defined in the same time measurement (minutes, hours or days) chosen for blocks. If you want to have a 30-minute buffer between your 1-hour appointments, be sure to use 60-minute blocks instead of 1-hour blocks.
- In the All dates are field: Available by default means all blocks are available and you can make some blocks unavailable with rules, where Not Available by default means all blocks are not available and must be made available through availability rules.
- If you set Check rules against to All blocks being booked – It will check all the available blocks within a duration. However, if you set it to Starting block only, it will check against the first block the user selects.
- What if you want to allow customers to start their appointment bookings only on Sundays? You would first check the Restrict start days? box, then choose Sunday, or the day(s) you would like to restrict the booking to start on. Restricting start days does not affect availability, other days are still available, they just can’t be selected as the days that bookings start on.
- You can set availability rules in the rules section, From and To is decided by the Type you select, whether the slot is Bookable or not is to be set it the specific section.
- To set costs for the blocks add them in the Costs tab: Base cost is applied regardless of a customer’s choices on the booking form.
Block cost is the cost per block that was assigned to the General tab. If a customer books multiple blocks, this cost is multiplied by the number of blocks booked.
Display cost does not affect the actual cost of the product. In the example above, the product page displays 300 on the frontend. The cost is displayed to the user on the frontend. Leave blank to have it calculated for you. If a booking has varying costs, the lowest available cost is shown and is prefixed with the word “From:”. You can also set a Pricing Range which works somewhat like the Availability Range
- You can set a minimum and maximum limit for a number of persons. Similar to duration, the customer can input a value on the frontend booking form, if enabled. If you check the box for Multiply all costs by person count, all costs are multiplied by the number of persons the customer defines. If Count Persons as Bookings is enabled, the person count is used as the quantity against the block. Remember the max bookings per block setting above? That determines the upper limit for allowed persons per block. Once the limit is reached, more persons cannot book. You can also set different prices for different person types.
- There are two types of bookable resources:
Customer selected – A booking form shows a dropdown list of resources that the customer can select.
Automatically assigned – A resource is automatically assigned to a customer booking if available.
*For more informaton, refer to this documentation : https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/creating-a-bookable-product/
Reference 2: Add booking product type using AFM