Installation & Activation
There are a handful of methods you could use to install and activate WC-Marketplace or any other free plugins provided by wordpress.org.
If you don’t like the video or need more instructions, then continue reading.
- From the Admin Dashboard click on “Add New” under the “Plugins” menu. In the “Search Plugins” section, type in “wc marketplace”.
- Upon successful search WC Marketplace appears in the search result and an “Install Now” button can be seen adjacent to it. Click on it, to install WC Marketplace on your website.
- After installation, click on “Activate”. WC Marketplace is now activated on your website!
- Click here to download WC Marketplace from wordpress.org plugin directory
- Go to the “Add New” section as previously mentioned. Click on “Upload Plugin” button visible at the top. Browse to the download file location, select the recently downloaded “dc-woocommerce-multi-vendor.zip” file. Then click on “Install Now”.
- Extract the downloaded “dc-woocommerce-multi-vendor.zip” file to the WordPress plugins folder which you’ll find in a location similar to this: “yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugin”. Remember, pushing the extracted file to your plugins folder will not activate the plugin.
- To activate WC Marketplace on your website go to the “Plugins” section in the admin dashboard and click on Activate under WC Marketplace.
Note : Remember WC Marketplace is an extension for WooCommerce. You need to have WooCommerce installed & activated on your WordPress site before using WC Marketplace.